Hi friends! Wow—it's been a while. I spent the month of August in Copenhagen, Denmark and had the TIME OF MY LIFE. More on that later. For now, I'm sharing the most decadent recipe I think I've ever posted to the blog before I do a major sugar detox and diet reset starting September 1st. More on that later too. But about these Nutella, or should I say "Not-ella", Haystacks. Damn they are delicious. They don't actually include any nutella but replicate the creamy spread in morsel form thanks to hazelnut butter and high-quality dark chocolate. They came about because, well, my roomate had some raw chocolate macaroons in the refridgerator and my uber jet-lagged self ate them for breakfast the day after my flight. Oops. Hehe. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any to replace them at the grocery store, so I decided to make her even better ones. You really can't go wrong with hazelnut butter, high-quality chocolate and coconut, right!? She loved them. I loved them. And we were both happy and decided they had to go on the blog so you could all be happy too. Now someone come over to my house immediately and take these away because I have no self-control when it comes to these delicious morsels!!!
Nutella Haystacks (Vegan + Grain-free)
- 3 oz 85% dark chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup hazelnut butter (option to use almond or peanut as replacement)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted carob powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- vanilla bean powder
- Combine all ingredients except the shredded coconut in a bowl double boiler and gently heat. Once all ingredients have melted, remove from heat and then whisk to combine.
- Add shredded coconut and combine. Use a [url undefined]small cookie scoop [/url] to make evenly sized haystacks. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer to freezer to let set for at least one hour.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.