Gingered Broth With Kelp Noodles
This soup is the bomb. HOLY balls, yes. Sorry, was that inappropriate? Let's talk bone broth. With the season changing and the cooler months approaching, it's the perfect time to get back into the routine of making broth. Why make broth, you're wondering? Because it is a nutrient powerhouse and will help support your immune system, can aid in healing leaky gut syndrome and will give you beautiful hair, skin and nails because it is rich in collagen. I wrote a post about how to make bone broth here, in case you're wondering what it is and how you can make it at home. Broth is so deeply nourishing on a soul level, especially when you make a beautiful sippable broth with aromatic additions and yummy kelp noodles. No spoon or fork required. The best.
Something I hear all the time is that people have made bone broth, start sipping on it and can't get into it. Can I clarify something? No one expects you to literally make bone broth and drink it like tea. Bone broth is a beautiful base for soups, stews, sauces and so on, yet it ABSOLUTELY needs to be flavored up with aromatics, nutrient dense sea salt (lots of it!) herbs, etc. This gingered broth with kelp noodles is the perfect little recipe that you can whip up for yourself without needing to make a big pot of soup. It's a five-minute meal that is beautifully nourishing and medicinal, thanks to the ginger and kelp noodles combined with the broth. I like to have it for breakfast. Start by making a batch of my uber easy bone broth, which will produce quite a bit of broth. You can use all of it, or just some of it, and freeze the rest for another time. Either way, get your bone broth simmering (I have some on the stove right now!) and then make this soup. And seek out these kelp noodles because they da bomb; I literally recommend buying like twenty packs minimum on Amazon, because your going to get addicted to them and they are so nutrient dense!! So, win-win.
- 2 cups [url href="http://itsmecharlotte.com/13/bone-broth-autoimmune-paleo/" target="_blank"]bone broth[/url], unsalted
- 1 cup [url href="http://amzn.to/1FECAsl" target="_blank"]kelp noodles[/url] (or do what I did and just grab a big handful without measuring)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, grated using a [url href="http://amzn.to/1FECMaY" target="_blank"]microplane[/url]
- sea salt 1-2 teaspoons; start with 1 teaspoon and add more to fit your taste preference
- scallions, for garnish
- 1 slice of lime
- Combine bone broth, kelp noodles and fresh ginger root in a small pot and gently heat to a simmer. Let simmer for a few minutes (1-2) until kelp noodles are soft.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish soup with scallions and slice of lime.